4/07/2013

Sicotrópico: a great blend between Rock and Latin rythms


 Sicotrópico is a Folk Rock band from Bogotá with a different perspective of folk rock. This band has a great taste in latin folkloric music and they are rising to become a well known band in Bogota.

I had the oportunity to meet them thanks to a friend of mine, and they gave me a signed copy of their album "Sicotrópico". This album has a total of 6 songs:
1. Veneno
2. Espuma de Mar
3.  El Rio
4. Coca-man TV
5. Elkín
6. Algo Para Mí
Each of the songs has a unique style each one reflecting the diferent fascets of latin music. I think that the first half of the album is excelent, and as a musician I aspire to be able to mix two diferent music styles as they do; my favourite song is "El Rio". On the other hand, the second half isn't as good as the first even though it's still as elavorate, I don't like much the style they use. Their latest songs don't have the same latin influence as these, yet they have great potential.

I recomend you hear this band and give me your opinions.
Sicotropico Live @ Superestacion.fm
Sicotropico - Enamorao

No comments:

Post a Comment